I Know You. You're That Great Writer Who Is Battling Writer's Block.
So, what do you do about it? You may be in the midst of writing your great American novel. If so, you are probably feeling as though you are standing on the threshold of something great, but something is keeping you from realizing your dream.
Maybe it's writer's block. Try one of our creative writing story starters as the beginning of some new work you have been aching to begin.
Maybe it's those darn publishers who won't take a second glance at your book manuscript. Send your stories to creative writing contests and find the niche that works best for you before you choose which publisher will have the honor of accepting your work.
Maybe it's anxiety that you can never live up to the likes of Hemingway, Fitzgerald, or Steinbeck. If so, captivate your mind with creative quotes that will inspire potential starting points for your pieces.
Click for Free Writer's Block Help E-Zine and Free E-Book
Or you may just be looking to find your own voice. Breaking writer's block is your first step in this direction. You have to learn what your voice says about you and how people "hear" you through the words you write. Whether you have started anything yet or not, you know what inspires you, what plagues you, what you love and what you hate, but you don't yet know how to organize all those thoughts. You don't know what they mean and how powerful they are for your ideas to prosper.
It's also likely that you are in-between. You may have penned a piece or two in attempts to find your own style. Whether you've had anything published or not is unimportant for our purposes here. If you have had something published, all the better for you. But whether you have or haven't, chances are, if you're reading this, your motivation to write has yet to wane...and that's a good thing! You're eager and willing to take on more. And so, I welcome you.
Whichever one of these people you most identify with, your journey to defeating writer's block, and understanding yourself and your audience, is about to begin. So sit back, take out a pencil and paper, and begin capturing just what it is you've been trying to find.
- Writers Block Help Ezine Sign-up - Free Writing Tips, Examples, and a Free Ebook
- Sign up for the Writers Block Help Ezine. You'll get free writing info and a free writing Ebook.
- Writer's Block Help COACHING! Create Your Masterpiece Today With a Writing Coach
- A writing coach can help start or transform your work into the masterpiece of your dreams. Read about our unique service today.
- 101 Ways to Cure Writer's Block
- If you want to cure writer's block, check out these 101 ways of going about it.
- MasterWriter Review
- Find definition and meaning to help you overcome your writer's block by reading this MasterWriter review. You'll soon find out how it can best help you!
- Creative Writing Classes Online - Instruction at Your Fingertips
- There are many creative writing classes online that you can take part in and find more ways to perfect your writing technique.
- Tips on Writing a Book - Book Suggestions to Help Guide You
- There are always different takes and tips on writing a book, so read through some book suggestions and find how they can best help you achieve your own writing success!
- How to Write for Television
- Increase your knowledge of how to write for television, including mapping out the layout of season finales and other episodic tendencies.
- How to Write Greeting Cards: Think Outside the Box
- Practice the skill of knowing how to write greeting cards and you'll find that thinking outside the box may be just the ticket to a stronger writing style.
- Creative Writing Examples - Poetry, Satire, Short Stories, and More
- When you feel the urge to read creative writing examples, check out what a variety there truly is. From poetry to satire, parody to short stories and myths, there is truly something for every writer!
- Character Mapping - Plotting Out Your Characters
- Learn the art of character mapping, as it helps you learn how to develop a character within your short story, novel, or other piece of writing.
- How to Write Blogs - Keys to Success
- Learning how to write blogs can be the key to getting comfortable in your own writing style!
- Reverse Psychology Writing
- The idea behind reverse psychology writing is to have readers see your writing in new and unique ways.
- Poem Starters - Tips on Writing Poems
- You're sure to be writing your own poems in no time when you lead off with one of these imaginative poem starters!
- Poem Ideas - Prompts to Motivate the Written Word
- There are many poem ideas to help you consider new ways to write poetry. You may even find yourself coming up with ideas you have never even contemplated before.
- Onomatopoeia Poems: Ways to Incorporate Sound in Writing
- From onomatopoeia poems to short stories and other creative writing genres, incorporating sound into your writing will be a treat for you and your readers.
- Setting in a Story
- Overcome any obstacles you may have about writing setting in a story and see your writing take shape.
- Ethos Pathos Logos: Three Steps to Rhetorical Writing
- Find ways to incorporate ethos pathos logos into your writing for fabulous rhetorical appeals to your readers.
- Facebook Status Ideas: How They Help You as a Writer
- There are countless Facebook status ideas that can push you past your writer's block and into further writing exploration.
- Humor Writing Tips Make for Funny Writing
- Impress your readers with wit and creativity as you learn some humor writing tips to keep your writing naturally comical.
- Biased Writing Across All Genres
- Biased writing can be found throughout many different styles and genres of writing, if you know how to pinpoint it.
- Interactive Writing
- Interactive writing can help you have the beginnings (and endings!) of some fabulous genre-based pieces.
- Creative Writing Therapy Techniques
- Oftentimes, creative writing therapy can be the most conducive tool to allowing you to break through your writer's block.
- Creative Writing Quotes - When You Feel the Need for Inspiration
- Just who will inspire you? Read some creative writing quotes and you'll soon find your mind brimming with writing possibilities that you won't be able to write down fast enough!
- Creative Writing Story Starters - Choosing Your Beginning
- Get into your writing groove with one of these creative writing story starters that will engage and delight your readers from the get-go!
- Writing Conclusions and Creative Story Endings
- Writing conclusions to wrap up your essay, story, or other creative piece can take cues from how you begin your writing.
- Nature Writing and Sensory Details
- Nature writing allows you to take the time to promote the use of sensory details through creative means in your writing.
- How to Write a Job Description - Putting Your Characters to Work
- When you know how to write a job description, your characters have the potential to become more realistic.
- Writers' Supplies: An Important Part of the Process
- There are numerous writers' supplies to choose from to help you establish and solidify your writing practice.
- Perspective Writing
- Perspective writing can engage you in looking at your writing in a new light.
- How to Write a Thesis Statement: The Steppingstone for Essay Writing
- Try your hand at these essay writing steps that will have you learning how to write a thesis statement that is compelling, worthwhile, and innovative.
- Writing a Persuasive Essay - The Art of Seduction
- Writing a persuasive essay is based on the art of seduction - lure your readers in and do all you can to make your perspective believable and understandable.
- ABCs of the Writing Process
- Once you have figured out the ABCs of the writing process, your writing will begin to benefit from a new perspective.
- How to Write a Myth or a Fable
- Writing with an eye toward the moral of the story can be very helpful in learning how to write a myth or a fable all your own.
- How to Write Flash Fiction - Say a Lot with a Little
- Encourage yourself to learn how to write flash fiction. Learn to impress your readers by being concise in your writing.
- Writing Themes - Considering All Your Options
- Consider adding more writing themes to your repertoire. Including more variety will make your writing more engaging and entertaining for readers.
- Writing a Movie Review that Arouses Interest
- Writing a movie review can be fun and entertaining -- you just need to know what to include to ensure it persuades readers to believe in what you have to say.
- Outline for a Book Review - Writing About What You Read
- In this outline for a book review, you'll find questions and methods for penning your own written review of just what makes an author's work so engaging for readers and writers alike.
- Book Writing Techniques - How to Write a Story
- Immerse yourself in your writing with these handy book writing techniques. Flesh out your characters, notice what your readers will find fascinating, and discover your voice as you follow these tips.
- Personification Examples: Breathing Life Into Your Writing
- If you want to know how to create vivid, descriptive characters and writing styles, check out our personification examples, as they may be just the ticket to allow you to learn to do so.
- Essay Writing Scholarships and More - Aim to Win!
- Writer's block can be beat, just like all those people who are applying for the same essay writing scholarships as you! Find your niche (essays, poetry, short stories, etc.) and aim to win!
- Creative Writing Activities for All Ages
- Be creative! Discover creative writing activities and ideas to help you push past your writer's block and stimulate your budding writing abilities!
- The Importance of Grammar in Writing
- It is wise to learn the importance of grammar in writing, whether you are working in a creative genre, or a more focused one.
- How to Write Speeches - Preparing Poignant, Worthwhile Writings
- How to write speeches and eulogies is akin to how to write a memoir - you must make your writing compelling, poignant, and emotionally catching.
- Creative Writing Games - Writing Your Way Out of Writer's Block
- If you're looking for creative writing games, we have some just for you. Try your hand at one of these writing games to get you out of your writing funk.
- How to Write a Monologue - The Pathway to Writing Dialogue
- In order to master how to write dialogue, it is important to understand how to write a monologue. In this way, your writing will flourish, as you will have a sound basis for your writing technique.
- Choosing Music to Write By
- Picking music to write by can be hard, but you must find the style and genre that fits the piece you are working on at any given time.
- Schedule Time To Write - Make the Effort
- In order to conquer writer's "time" block, you may find that making an effort to schedule time to write will help your creative writing process immensely.
- Child Creative Writing - How to Write What They Like
- Writing for kids can be hard. Take a cue from child creative writing activities that make it easier to understand what kids identify with and how to make it hit home for them.
- How to Write Creatively - Authors' Advice
- Gain some more perspective on how to write creatively by perusing authors' advice and understanding how they go about writing their own work.
- How to Write Answers: Who, What, When, Where, Why to Defeating Writer's Block
- All styles of writing are chock full of answers. Discover how to write answers to the most commonly asked questions while on your journey to defeating writer's block.
- Creative Writing Retreats - Stimulate Your Thought Process
- Stimulate your thought process and learn ways of overcoming writers block with these options for creative writing retreats you may enjoy attending.
- Creative Writing Research - Uncovering What Matters
- Creative writing research is helpful in supplementing what you already deem important to include in your writing by adding in that extra element of certitude that you are writing what you truly know.
- Emotional Writing - How to Emotionally Involve Readers
- Have you ever read a great novel that has been written in a way that makes you want to laugh or cry? Emotional writing is one way to allow readers to make personal connections with your writing.
- How to Write a Memoir - Invigorate your Autobiography
- Think about your past. How has it shaped you into whom you are today? Learn how to write a memoir and relive memories long forgotten.
- Creative Writing Contests for All Ages
- There are tons of creative writing contests to be won...so take your best shot, enter your best work, and discover what a gifted writer you truly are. Just remember to have patience!
- Breaking Writer's Block - Follow Your Creative Writing Guides
- You'll learn that breaking writer's block isn't so hard when you have such a variety of places to visit to spark your creativity!
- Entertain These Descriptive Writing Prompts and Topics
- Unlike story or poem starters, these descriptive writing prompts and topics will have you considering your own thoughts and previous writings until you find the idea that works best for you!
- Literary Illusions - How They Benefit Your Writing Style
- Literary illusions are not only in the books we read, but the movies and TV shows we watch. Learn not only how to write with literary illusions, but how to add them to your writing repertoire.
- Ideas for Creative Writing During the Holidays
- See what other writers just like you have to offer to the Writer's Block Help E-zine Writing Contests! Winning entries will be posted here to help you come up with more ideas for creative writing.
- Writer's Block Help - Contact Us Page
- Question, comment, concern? Use the form on this page to email the owner of Writer's Block Help.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Writer's Block Help Free Ezine & Ebook Sign-Up